Number stamp on the side of the engine
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
1/2A Airplane Engines 049-074
  • Page:

TOPIC: Number stamp on the side of the engine

Number stamp on the side of the engine 11 years, 4 months ago #130

• RknRusty
  • Senior Boarder
I have a Revlite Big Mig .061 with a polished prop driver and new type muffler retainer, and it has "10" stamped on the side of it. I was recently given another engine that looks just like it, obviously Revlite, polished prop driver, but with the old style muffler retainer spring, and it has "61" stamped on the side. He told me it was an .049, but I'm thinking the "61" stamp means .061 cubic inches. Is this right? Do some .061s have "10" and others have "61" stamps?

www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=104&u=16760059

Thanks,
Rusty
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by RknRusty. Reason: attachment didn't work

Re: Number stamp on the side of the engine 11 years, 4 months ago #132

• victor
  • Administrator
Both numbers mean the same thing - the engine's displacement. 10 - for 1 cubic centimeter, 61 - for 0.061 cubic inches
Last Edit: 11 years, 4 months ago by victor.

Re: Number stamp on the side of the engine 11 years, 4 months ago #133

• RknRusty
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Victor. I'm building a new plane for my first .061, the one I was breaking in a couple of months ago, and it should be a mean little control line hotrod. I'll post another flying video as soon as she's ready to fly. Soon I hope. I'm covering it now.

The grungy old .061 I got yesterday is soaking in fuel now and looks good. Still has a nice pinch at TDC and all the internals look clean. I've got another Baby Flite Streak for it as soon as I can find a fine thread NVA for the bladder.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds
kac1968imagedsplay0803tjac

Member Login