Fine thread needle valve for Big Mig?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
1/2A Airplane Engines 049-074
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fine thread needle valve for Big Mig?

Fine thread needle valve for Big Mig? 11 years, 3 months ago #149

• RknRusty
  • Senior Boarder
Does anyone know where to get fine thread needle valves for a Big Mig?
I like to run pressure bladders on my aerobatic planes, and that requires a fine NV. I have one fine thread NVA that was made by Larry Driskill at kittingittogether.com. but he no longer makes them. I can probably cobble a remote one together from one of the few remaining Cox product engine backplates, but they were rare back in the good ol days. I don't know that they are long enough to press into the screw holes in the engine, minus the venturi. That's a helluva hole too, probably needs a restrictor added on after pressing in the NV.

Anyone else here use these? Surely there are some combat guys/girls around that still use them.
Thanks,
Rusty

Re: Fine thread needle valve for Big Mig? 11 years, 3 months ago #152

• admin
  • Administrator
All NV needle valves have fine threads. If the fuel leaks through the thread due to high pressure, you can easily fix it. Take a 3 mm diameter silicone tubing, cut 5-7 mm, and put it on the thread. Screw the needle over it , which will squeeze the tubing and make a barrier for the leaks.

Re: Fine thread needle valve for Big Mig? 11 years, 3 months ago #153

• RknRusty
  • Senior Boarder
Okay, I'll give it a try. I guess you could call the one I'm using a Super-fine thread. My bladder is pretty thin so the pressure isn't too high.
Thanks, admin.
Rusty
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds
kac1968imagedsplay0803tjac

Member Login