074 plugs unavailable?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
1/2A Airplane Engines 049-074
  • Page:

TOPIC: 074 plugs unavailable?

074 plugs unavailable? 11 years ago #162

• colinw
I was just looking in the store for some parts, and noticed that under 074 parts the only plug option now available is the conversion head for a standard glow plug.

Is this right?

Re: 074 plugs unavailable? 10 years, 12 months ago #166

• RknRusty
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Colin. Not much happening around here. I searched and tried to find you a useful answer. I was hoping to tell you the Merlin Glo-Bee dropin plugs work but they must be smaller or something. They're almost identical to the Norvel .049 and .061 plugs. The head clamp on the .074 must be too large for the same drop-ins as the smaller Big Migs.

Everything I could find already posted on Rcgroups and RCuniverse was about the adapters for standard plugs, and those are said to come with an inherent drop in RPMs. The plugs these engines have when new must be available somewhere. Damned if I can find it though.

I would suggest posting on either of the two forums I mentioned above. RCgroups.com has plenty of active members with Norvel engines. Good luck.
Rusty

Re: 074 plugs unavailable? 10 years, 11 months ago #170

• hllywdb
  • Junior Boarder
The K&B plugs work fine, not the conversion ones, the inserts just like the stock ones. They are also just a smidge taller, easier to connect a clip to. Available on the MECOA site Part# 911-974 is for the 074
Last Edit: 10 years, 11 months ago by hllywdb.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds
kac1968imagedsplay0803tjac

Member Login