Smallest and Largest Prop for Big Mig 061 R/C?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
1/2A Airplane Engines 049-074
  • Page:

TOPIC: Smallest and Largest Prop for Big Mig 061 R/C?

Smallest and Largest Prop for Big Mig 061 R/C? 10 years, 10 months ago #189

• bk302cid
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I made a dynamometer for my new Big Mig (AME) 061 R/C engine, and I want to adjust how much load I put on the engine by using different propeller sizes. I would like to see how the engine performs at wide-open-throttle over a wide range of RPM, but I'm not sure what I should use for biggest and smallest props. I'm thinking 6x4 for the biggest (when running to achieve lowest speed at wide-open-throttle) and 4.2x4 for the smallest (when running to achieve highest speed at wide-open-throttle). Basically the only thing I'm concerned about is making sure to not harm the engine by operating too fast or too slow at wide-open-throttle; still, I would like to push the engine to its limits. Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: Smallest and Largest Prop for Big Mig 061 R/C? 10 years, 10 months ago #190

• metalhead100
www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10247955/anch...chor/tm.htm#10254271

On topic discussion above.....below file should get you close

AP wasp 061 instructions PDF with prop chart

www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...POuZlTtUPiP6OCF-pGqQ
Last Edit: 10 years, 10 months ago by .

Re: Smallest and Largest Prop for Big Mig 061 R/C? 10 years, 10 months ago #191

• hllywdb
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Brian,

The 4.2 is fine for the low end, but the 6X4 is too large on the top for an AME. A 6X3 is about max for that motor, they like to wind up a bit. The APC 5.7X3 is a nice all around prop and will probably give you better numbers than the 6X3 as they need to turn some rpms to make good power.

Hope that helps,
Bill
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds
kac1968imagedsplay0803tjac

Member Login