.061 Start Up problem
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
1/2A Airplane Engines 049-074
  • Page:

TOPIC: .061 Start Up problem

.061 Start Up problem 10 years, 8 months ago #233

• wingnut
Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me here.
I have a new .061 C/L Start Up with tank and it's a great running engine! However, when I run a piece of fuel tubing from the muffler pressure tap to the pressure fitting on the tank, the engine just floods and will not start! Anyone have this problem and know how to fix it? I've tried everything, new fuel line, different fuel line length and different needle settings and no luck. I'm using brand new Sig Champion fuel and a good fresh glow igniter battery. But if I take the pressure line off, the engine runs great again. Any help would be great!
Thanks
Josh

Re: .061 Start Up problem 10 years, 8 months ago #234

• victor
  • Administrator
I would get a cover plate with a pressure fitting (part #101005). It has a smaller nipple and provides a more consistent pressure than the muffler.

Re: .061 Start Up problem 10 years, 8 months ago #235

• wingnut
victor wrote:
I would get a cover plate with a pressure fitting (part #101005). It has a smaller nipple and provides a more consistent pressure than the muffler.

Do you have a picture of the cover plate? I searched the part number you listed but the search came up empty. Also, this is a new engine! Why should I have to buy a part to fix something that Norvel should have addressed to begin with.

Josh

Re: .061 Start Up problem 10 years, 7 months ago #236

• admin
  • Administrator
Part number 101005. It is in the 061 parts section. Here is a link:

www.nvengines.com/index.php?page=shop.pr...uemart&Itemid=65

Since your engine works fine without the muffler pressure and floods when you connect the muffler to the tank, all you have to do is screw the needle clockwise - the more fuel pressure, the less needle valve opening...

Re: .061 Start Up problem 10 years, 7 months ago #237

• RknRusty
  • Senior Boarder
admin wrote:
...Since your engine works fine without the muffler pressure and floods when you connect the muffler to the tank, all you have to do is screw the needle clockwise - the more fuel pressure, the less needle valve opening...
Right, with pressure, you start with the needle set much leaner than normally vented... or else it floods. The Big Mig runs very well on normal suction, but for C/L stunting, pressure will keep the fuel feed more steady during high gee loops, wingovers, inverted, etc.

Have you gotten it running on pressure since you first posted?

Rusty

Re: .061 Start Up problem 10 years, 7 months ago #238

• wingnut
RknRusty, What happens if I set the needle that lean like you are suggesting and the muffler pressure tube came off in flight or the tube ruptured? It would be so lean that it would probably damage my engine! I have a new Thunder Tiger .07 that runs fine on muffler pressure as well as several other engines that run fine on muffler pressure so why is the Norvel so different? And why should I have to buy a new back plate with a pressure tap as mentioned in a previous post to fix the problem when Norvel should have addressed that problem in the first place. And no I have not been able to get it to run on pressure as of yet. I'd like to fix this problem not Bandaid it so to speak.

Josh
Last Edit: 10 years, 7 months ago by .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds
kac1968imagedsplay0803tjac

Member Login