Hello, My first post
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
1/2A Airplane Engines 049-074

TOPIC: Hello, My first post

Re: Hello, My first post 11 years, 7 months ago #98

• hllywdb
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Rusty,
Glad it's working out for you. I had a couple of baby flite streaks, the .061 will haul it around nicely. The wing is a bit too thick to get any good performace with a 4" pitch prop, but with a 2" pitch it will run about the speed of a good cox reedy with a 5X3. You may want to try the APC 5.5 X 2.5 or a 5X3, both of which can be trimmed down to get more RPMs, you'll have to see in the air what the plane likes best.

Good luck and happy flying

Re: Hello, My first post 11 years, 7 months ago #99

• RknRusty
  • Senior Boarder
hllywdb wrote:
Hi Rusty,
Glad it's working out for you. I had a couple of baby flite streaks, the .061 will haul it around nicely. The wing is a bit too thick to get any good performace with a 4" pitch prop, but with a 2" pitch it will run about the speed of a good cox reedy with a 5X3. You may want to try the APC 5.5 X 2.5 or a 5X3, both of which can be trimmed down to get more RPMs, you'll have to see in the air what the plane likes best.

Good luck and happy flying
Thanks hllywdb. I'll definitely start with a low pitch prop, maybe even an APC 6x2 first just to get the feel of it. After seeing those RPMs compared to my rotary valve Tee Dee(probably low to mid 20s in the air), I was afraid I might have to tow a brick behind it to tame it. I think I'm going to like the Norvel. I can try the old Tee Dee on my Li'l Satan. That should be a wild ride too.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds
kac1968imagedsplay0803tjac

Member Login