gx .40 gas eng glow plug adapter leaks
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Larger Airplane Engines 15-40
  • Page:

TOPIC: gx .40 gas eng glow plug adapter leaks

gx .40 gas eng glow plug adapter leaks 9 years, 4 months ago #321

• Thaddeus
my new gx 40 gas eng leaks at the glow plug adapter just below the glow plug during cold breakin. i ordered the overpriced optional head wrench ($18.98 with shipping) to try to fix it. new eng should not leak out of the box. any body else having problems or solutions?

Re: gx .40 gas eng glow plug adapter leaks 9 years, 4 months ago #322

• admin
  • Administrator
The head may start leaking if three allen head screws are overtightened, which warps the head. Remove the head, place a fine sand paper on a piece of glass and sand the bottom of the head slightly. Sanding will reveal high and low spots.

Re: gx .40 gas eng glow plug adapter leaks 8 years, 10 months ago #334

• whiskey29
Hi this is the answer I have been looking for. Mine leaks too, and I am sure I have over tighten it, since I cant find anywhere to to propelly do it.
So how are we supposed to assemble everything if I removed the head ?
Do I lose the 3 screws, then screw the head in (how strong should it be tighten) and then tighten the three screw (how strong shoudl they be tighten too ?)

Now if I found high n low spot by sanding it over a glass, what should I do ? Keep doing them until its flat ? Or its basically have to be replaced ?

Last thing is what is the order of the gasket, does the bronze gasket in first, and then the graphite one ?

Re: gx .40 gas eng glow plug adapter leaks 8 years, 10 months ago #335

• admin
  • Administrator
The bottom of the head should be flat. Place a graphite gasket on top of the copper one, tighten the head as tight as possible, and tighten three allen screws slightly.

Re: gx .40 gas eng glow plug adapter leaks 8 years, 10 months ago #336

• whiskey29
Hello,

I have tried the other engines I have, and there are still leaks I believe coming from the glow plug threads.

So with the suspected wrapped head, do I need to replace it ? or can I sand it ?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds
kac1968imagedsplay0803tjac

Member Login