My first Norvel powered LMH Helicopter
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: My first Norvel powered LMH Helicopter

My first Norvel powered LMH Helicopter 10 years, 11 months ago #187

• metalhead100
Way back....... I live in Indiana and drove up to the LMH "factory" to buy my first one....
Attachments:

Re: My first Norvel powered LMH Helicopter 10 years, 11 months ago #188

• metalhead100
second pic
Attachments:

Re: My first Norvel powered LMH Helicopter 10 years, 11 months ago #193

• RknRusty
  • Senior Boarder
I don't know if it's just my browser but the pictures are cropped. I ended up linking to my pics on Photobucket.com.

Re: My first Norvel powered LMH Helicopter 10 years, 11 months ago #194

• metalhead100
Right click and open in new tab......my firefox crops em too......weird

Re: My first Norvel powered LMH Helicopter 10 years, 11 months ago #195

• RknRusty
  • Senior Boarder
metalhead100 wrote:
Right click and open in new tab......my firefox crops em too......weird
Ah, so it does. Nice looking helicopter, those are amazing machines.

I'm just curious, Metalhead, have you got one of the new NV engines or an older Norvel? I'm curious if the NVs are still built tight like the old Norvels, or do they make them looser so the inexperienced masses don't have trouble getting them running?

I think the instructions for cold spinning a new engine with castor to reduce the pinch is part of dumbing it down to prevent complaints from mechanically challenged "modelers." That is actually very bad for the engine. Rather, a new one should be heated with a heat gun before cranking to naturally relieve the pinch, instead of grinding it down and ruining the Revlite coating. Their recommendation of a 6x3 prop on .049 and .061 airplane engines is equally baffling. These engines are meant to run high RPMs and the larger prop won't let them spin up.

I guess if they don't make it easy, they can't stay in business. Understandable but disappointing.

Re: My first Norvel powered LMH Helicopter 10 years, 11 months ago #196

• metalhead100
Mine are all older and I just got a new old stock MINT V-max 7 .074....and its got a bit of a bump at TDC BUT if you warm it with a heat gun its like butter.....Going in the Heli as we speak......should be fun ...I have never flown one with a 074.

I did tear the engine down and make sure the wrist pin is trapped in the piston good...and re-assembled with a bit of sealant on the gaskets ect....

Hopefully I don't suffer the vmax 7 con rod issues....this engine is at best a 2002 version with the newer head button on top of the glow plug then the heat sink goes on.

Jim
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds
kac1968imagedsplay0803tjac

Member Login