New GX40 Gasoline engine
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Larger Airplane Engines 15-40

TOPIC: New GX40 Gasoline engine

Re: New GX40 Gasoline engine 2 years, 6 months ago #343

• whiskey29
  • Fresh Boarder
After re reading about the bent con rod,
I opened up my engines, and one of it( the ones i tried to run first time, but cannot get it work right) has bent conrod.

The ones that I posted here, I think it has a slight bent too. I dont have a way to measure it propperly, but by naked eye it looks slightly bent.

I ordered new conrod, but can I hammer the old one straight ? :)

Re: New GX40 Gasoline engine 2 years, 6 months ago #344

• Charley38
  • Fresh Boarder
I thought about trying to straighten mine out but I wasn't sure if it might have stress fractures in it or not after all the bending. Didn't want to take a chance on it breaking.

CR

Re: New GX40 Gasoline engine 8 months ago #533

• Target
  • Fresh Boarder
I am interested in using one of these for Control Line Stunt (no throttle, just a venturi).
What is the weight with muffler?
Will this engine likely be able to be tuned to fly the favored 4-2-4 break? That is, take off and level flight in a fast 4 cycle, then when maneuvering (and nose up) pull into a 2 cycle, then when nose down, back into a 4 cycle?

I would think that it could, with a properly small venturi. And it would only need about 2oz of fuel to make the required 6 minutes of flight time.

What size venturi would come on a GX40?
Could I also get a "blank" venturi with just a small pilot hole that I could use to tune?

Has anyone run not on muffler pressure? A uni-flow tank setup is popular with control line pilots.
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
kac1968imagedsplay0803tjac

Member Login